Thursday, September 8, 2016

From Water to Fame

This picture is made of: hydrangeas, ferns, maple, money plant, aucuba, seaweed, cinnamon, turmeric, bark, cotton and angel’s trumpets.

My thoughts: In books and in movies you sometimes come across plots where characters touch some sort of a magical object and are drawn into a completely different world. I wonder if that’s what it’s like for fish. This fish was just swimming along, minding his own business, when he saw what appeared to be a lovely lunch swim by. I bet he’ll be surprised when touching it transfers him from a quiet underwater world to a place filled with air, excited people and cameras. This fish could get on the cover of a magazine or receive 1,000 likes on Facebook just for trying to eat lunch.

Anyway, that’s my weird thought about this picture, now I’ll tell you why I made it. The World Wide Pressed Flower Guild is an online-based group of pressed-flower artists of all levels of experience. The guild does a whole lot of great things and has been a big part of my journey as a pressed-flower artist ever since I joined in 2007. One of my favorite things that the guild does is host monthly online pressed-flower classes. This spring I got to be the instructor for one of these classes. The focus was on how to blend colors, outline, and prepare materials for the making of a pressed-flower rainbow trout. If you would like to learn more about the World Wide Pressed Flower Guild visit: http://wwpfg.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment