Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Great Joy!


This picture is made of: cornhusk, seaweed, cinnamon, orange peel, poppy seed, hydrangea, birch bark, cotton, maple, aucuba, lamb’s ear, money plant, poinsettia, pampas grass and mulberry.

My thoughts: And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.  Luke 2:8-11

I wanted real faces to give me an idea of how to do the shading and proportions for these faces. Not having a photo of Joseph, Mary and Jesus I had to look elsewhere. I ended up using pictures of Antonio Banderas, Taylor Swift and my baby sister, Holly. I realize that the people in my picture don’t look a bit like them, but that wasn’t my intention. I just wanted faces to help me make these faces look real.

No comments:

Post a Comment