Sunday, May 26, 2013

My Fungi by Fun Gal Pictures

Warm Fur
This picture is made of:, thyme, seaweed, cinnamon, pansy, maple, cotton, poinsettia, daylily, birch, baby bella mushrooms, black mushrooms, Yunnan bark mushrooms and two or three other kinds of mushrooms.

My thoughts:  Do you think that dogs realize that the fire causes the air to be warm in front of the fireplace, or do they just walk by and think, “It feels good here,” without contemplating why? I wonder how much animals understand and think about. Whatever his mental capacity, I think it’s very safe to assume that this dog is thoroughly happy lying  on his rug in front of the fire.
 
 
It's Autumn!
 
This picture is made of: hydrangea, orange peel, cornsilk, maple, cornhusk, cinnamon, mulberry, black mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms, and two or three other kinds of mushrooms.
My thoughts: Autumn is my parents’ favorite season. Hence I have a little sister named Autumn. I find it hard to top spring’s weather, freshness and flowers, but autumn is an incredible time of the year too! It’s exciting to have cooler temperatures and watch the leaves change colors and drop. Autumn is a great time of year to play outside and press leaves! The leaves on the tree in this picture are made from real autumn maple leaves taken from a much bigger autumn tree.
 
 
Toccoa Falls
 
 
This picture is made of: mulberry, hydrangea, dill, cotton, mica, black mushrooms, Yunnan bark mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms, and two or three other kinds of mushrooms.
My thoughts:  Of all the waterfalls that I’ve seen, this may be the one that I know the best. Toccoa Falls is about 20 minutes from my house. My brother and I were both baptized there. The big rocks at its base and the tall, narrow appearance of the falling water cause Toccoa Falls to stand out.
 
 
 
Fast!
 
This picture is made of: bloody dock, a skeletonized leaf, seaweed, cinnamon, orange peel, maple, gray poplar, cornhusk, cornsilk, black mushrooms, Yunnan bark mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms, and two or three other kinds of mushrooms.
My thoughts: Jumping over rocks, winding around cacti and racing past rattlesnakes, this cowboy is going fast. Although his horse is made from mushrooms and seaweed, it has no trouble running quickly. I have no clue where this cowboy thinks he needs to be in such a hurry, but I imagine he’ll get there soon.
 
 
Kitchen Collage
 
This picture is made of: cornhusk, mushrooms, parsley and okra.
My thoughts: Anyone have ideas about what to cook with these four ingredients? I don’t. Whenever I chop okra I marvel at how beautiful it looks sliced. I don’t know why it’s taken me this long to attempt pressing it. I pressed the okra, mushrooms and parsley that I used in this picture in a microwave press.
 
Fungi Falls

This picture is made of: mulberry, hydrangea, dill, cotton, maple, cinnamon, mica black mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms, Yunnan bark mushrooms, and two or three other kinds of mushrooms.

My thoughts:  Seeing a waterfall is a delight! It’s even more so when you’re close enough to feel the coolness and the mist on your face. My dad, Jeff Samsel, experienced dozens of waterfalls when he did the research for his book, Georgia: A Guide to Backcountry Travel & Adventure. You won’t find my waterfall in his book because it’s one I imagined. Otherwise it’d be in there as “Fungi Falls,” since the rocks and cliffs are made from pressed mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment