Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Animal Hair

In the past, when I've wanted to illustrate sheep I'd use cotton balls for the wool. But lately I've been using real sheep wool to illustrate my sheep wool. It's really nice to work with. I ordered it off of the Little Barn website. While I was there I also got some camel hair to experiment with.


Here is one way I used the camel hair.
I bought it with my corn husk camels in mind but it also works for human hair.
I still did use some for my camel hair. I also mixed in some maiden grass.

I have more nativity pieces to post later.

1 comment:

  1. Hello ,Sarah these are just adorable . I tried to email but it came back.
    I thought I'd drop you a line and let You know I appreciate the time You spend on your blog and the friendship i have made with you also. So I mentioned You on my blog.
    Please drop by and see my blog.
    http://makingpressedflowerartandcrafts.blogspot.com/2010/10/i-was-given-one-lovely-blog-award.html

    Have a great week and Happy Fall.

    Peace from Terica , NC, USA

    ReplyDelete